Friday, August 04, 2006

Rewarding Stupidity

Nothing grinds my gears more that people who reward stupidity. Today while I was waiting for my drink at Starbucks, a lady went to grab her drink that was ready. When she picked it up, she remarked, "I ordered a Tall." She in fact did have a Tall drink. The worker informed her that her drink was the correct size and the lady then said, "But I wanted the biggest one." The worker told her that it would cost more and the lady stood near the person working the cash register rather than getting back in line (there were only two people in line). By the time the worker had remade both her drinks to the largest size, Venti, she told the lady they were ready. The lady said that she hadn't paid for the drinks yet and the worker then told her not to worry about it. What the hell? Let me get this straight, if you screw up your order and want the larger and more expensive size, all you have to do is say you didn't know. Got it.

Now, for those who are not familiar with Starbucks and their wacky sizing, it goes like this: small = Tall, medium = Grande, and large = Venti. I can understand the confusion, but there is a freaking display with all the names and the actual cup sizes right there before you place your order.

I don't have a problem with the lady making a mistake, but to be rewarded for a mistake is utterly insane.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Might be time to switch to decaf... Only kidding. ;)