Friday, July 06, 2007



News for profit today and old newsmen seen as objective?!?! Please, even back in the day when news was not for profit, every newscaster from murrow to cronkite slanted their coverage based on their ideologies and beliefs. Now it's just out there and people have a better understanding what motivates the newscasters. I wish more of them would simply put out their beliefs and then the viewers can decide who they want to watch and what they choose to believe. A great example of this debate was when Leslie Stahl interviewed Lou Dobbs and was shocked, yes, shocked that he has opinions and tells his viewers. I know that I for one was glad to hear Lou express his views and I think he's more honest than Stahl will ever be. She couldn't tell anyone with a straight face that her reporting on the Bush administration is unbiased.

1 comment:

Brewer said...

It would depend on the depth of coverage for me. For local nightly news where they cover the headlines, it really matters little to me what they think. But, when you get into news shows where there is a deeper dive on anything, let's just have more open dialog and not have this "I'm paid to be unbiased" thing.