Wednesday, October 19, 2005

job leeches

One thing that chaps my a$$ is job leeches. A job leech is someone who works for a major corporation that saps their workplace of everything it offers and does any passable work. There was someone who recently retired where I work and this person did next to nothing. I only worked with this person for two years, but I am inclined to believe that there hasn't been much more effort given in the past. What kills me is that this person completely took advantage of the overtly accommodating employer and yet returned very little if anything in service. Yet over the years, either no one called them on their poor performance or just let it slide. What pushed me over the edge was when this person was retiring, they made it sound like their life's work at the company was of value. I guarantee that no one will even blink once this person is gone and that just drives me batty. I don't mind a person sliding by on an issue here or there, but a 20+ year career should give an accurate representation of a person's worth and that just didn't happen in this case. The last thing that gnaws at me is how this person can look in the mirror and think that they deserve anything for their daily slacking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand and share your frustration with these people. I'm definitely going to post about this because there is so much material in this topic. I cannot believe that people get away with doing NOTHING for months on end. They become bullshit artists and scrape by everything. I just don't get it. Anyway, great post.