Friday, August 12, 2005

old friends

Recently, I ran into an old friend who was still in contact with my other old friends as well. It had been almost a decade since I had really talked to these folks. We were lucky enough to get together at a local park and catch up. Everyone had changed in one way or another, but remained the same too. Some had married and had children and others had grown from their life experiences. One overriding thought kept circling my mind, I should have reached out long ago. I'm sad I missed out of some of life's biggest milestones with my friends, but am glad I found them again. Each one reminded me of the past and how much fun we used to have running around. I look forward to what the future brings and know that it'll be richer now that I have them back in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto my friend! I couldn't agree more. I'm so glad you ran into Crapple at Dimple. When we all got together at the park, it was as though we hadn't skipped a beat. Friends are so valuable and I'm glad we got back in touch. Where's my tissue damnit!