Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Random Thoughts

I don't have anything earth shattering to post, so I thought I'd just riff for a while.

Got to see my beloved Steelers play last night and it was a sight to behold. First three touches resulted in TDs for the Steelers as they coasted to a win. The 1st team defense couldn't stop McNabb and company as they marched down for their 1st TD. Looks like it could be a good season.

Today is the anniversary of Elvis' death. Don & Mike, radio guys from DC, do one heck of a tribute and can be heard on the web at WJKF.com.

No one can really screw up hot dogs, right? Wrong. Last night we had some friends over to watch the game and have dinner and I was going to BBQ some dogs. I had a fire large enough to heat our home and placed not some, but all of the hot dogs on the grill and walked inside to watch the game. I came out after two plays and every hot dog was charred black and some were on fire. I took off all the dogs and headed to the store, d'oh! I came back and cooked them correctly this time, cover on and away from the super hot coals, and all was well.

I can't wait until the elections of 2006 because it seems like both sides have cast aside all manner of civility in the debate. Perhaps some of it's due to the internet and it's ability to communicate instantaneously ideas. Or that a two-term President causes both sides to foam at the mouth. Whatever the reasons, it will be interesting to see what happens in 2006 and if all the chatter leads to anything.

That's it for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You burned hotdogs!