Monday, April 24, 2006

Movie review: Hotel Rwanda

Totally depressing movie about a horrible place, but completely engrossing. Africa is one place I have no desire to visit and the movie gave me one more reason to leave it off my vacation's list. Don Cheadle gives an Oscar worthy performance and we even get to see one of the great screamers, Nick Nolte too. I felt for the folks in Rwanda and hope the unfortunate souls in Darfur can escape a similar situation that is happening right now. I can understand why world superpowers don't want to jump into every conflict that happens since it could mean a never ending occupation of some sort, but it's a tough pill to swallow for those caught behind enemy lines. I just hope that the people of the totalitarian states rise up against the oppressors and create a democracy for their country.

No comments: