Tuesday, November 29, 2005

More fun with turkey...

You all remember my Mother's famous words, "What's wrong with you people?", well I have a new update. The day after Thanksgiving, the family headed over to my Mom's house for Thanksgiving redux (since my sister hosted the big one this year). The meal was much the same, but I was asked to carve the bird. I didn't know it at the time, but my Mother's intention was to have me practice my carving skills (cause I use them so much...like once or twice a year). Since I thought the request was simply to get the meat off the bones and onto a plate, I began to carve with reckless abandon. No sooner had I hacked off one side of the bird when my Mother gave me a horrified look. I said, "What?" She informed me of what I was supposed to be doing and I said that how pretty it looks didn't really matter to me as long as we stripped the bird of all the meat. She tried telling me that I should have carved it like my brother-in-law did the day before, but I wasn't watching what he did since I was doing what men are supposed to do on Thanksgiving, watching football. I'll have to work on my presentation skills for next year.

No comments: